Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 56

Whew.. today has been a long one. Michael, the boys, and I got up early to go to the rec center and work out.  I did 2 miles on the treadmill and a little over 6 miles on the bike. Then Michael helped me with some upper body strength training circuits.

 After working out the boys wanted to spend the night with my sister. We stopped by Long John Silvers to get them some lunch because that is what they asked for. Man alive, it was hard not to eat one of those hush puppies, but I refrained.

Once we had the kids settled with my sister, Michael and I stopped by Subway and had lunch. Subway is eating out, but it is better than deep fried Long John Silvers food, right?

We stopped by several local vendors malls and Goodwill before we finally made it to his Moms house. We spent the entire evening there and of course I didn't think ahead and take me something to eat. They did have strawberries, so I had some of those.

We headed home around 10 pm but had to stop by Walmart for a few things. I was starving. I know I shouldn't put myself in that position, but I tried to make good decisions. I had to eat something or I was going to pass out before I got home. So I had a string cheese (80 cals) and a cup of no-sugar-added rice pudding (70 cals). It held me over. Thank goodness.

My choices today weren't wonderful ones, but I did get up early and make time to work out when in the past I would have just slept til noon. That is a step in the right direction.

I dread the scales tomorrow.. but that number does not define me.. I'm getting stronger everyday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment