Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day TWENTY Diet and Exercise

I meant to write last night, but the power went out. We had some crazy weather. Lots of rain, wind, and even thunder and lightening. Strange for January.

Anyway, yesterday went pretty well. I made homemade chili, and probably spent too many calories on that for supper as I was starving by bedtime with nearly no calories left to use. It was really good though.

Homemade Chili with Corn &  Mushrooms
 Ground Beef - Chuck 80% Lean 20% Fat , 16 oz
 Valu Time - Tomato Juice From Concentrate 46 Fl oz (1 Qt 14 Fl oz) 1.36 L
 Food Club - Diced Tomatoes Chili Style With Onions 14.5 oz (411g)
 Food Club - Dark Red Kidney Beans, 7 cup (130g)
 Libby's - Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, 1 3/4 cup
 Valu Time - Spices and Seasonings for Chili : A Tex Mex Treat : 1 oz (28g)
 Valu Time - Mushrooms - Stems & Pieces, 1 cup

I estimated it should serve 10 people with around 411 calories per serving.
To make the chili healthier you could use a no salt tomato juice or even v8 juice, leaner burger or even do a veggie chili without meat. I am pretty sure u can get the low sodium corn as well. Instead of the canned diced tomatoes, you could use fresh tomatoes and onions. If I don't have kidney beans on hand, I fix pinto beans in the crock-pot and use them. They taste great as well. 

I drank all my water, walked 2.5 miles on the treadmill, and counted my calories for the 5th day in a row. Now I can mark that off of my goal list and set a new one. Woo hoo!

My biggest struggle yesterday was staying away from the blueberry muffins that I had baked for my boys and a friend. They smell so wonderful, and I know from experience that they taste wonderful too. I didn't eat one but when I was making them I had licked the spoon before I caught myself. Ugh. Thankfully there wasn't much of anything on it. It is so crazy that I had that spoon in my mouth before I even knew what I was doing then I got mad at myself. Can't stay mad though, cause that was twenty days straight with no cakes, cookies, ice cream, or eating out!

No comments:

Post a Comment