Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day FIFTEEN Diet and Exercise

Wow. Today has been a challenge, to say the least. Of course it is Sunday, and like I've said before.. Sunday is always my hardest day. The boys and I went to Moms for a while as we usually do to be with the family for dinner. My sister and her family came over to have a birthday party for my niece who is turning seventeen.

Cake, ice cream, chips and dip along with all the other food were there to tempt me. I had some potatoes and carrots that were cooked with pork chops, but only had a tiny piece of meat about the size of a quarter. I also had broccoli, soup beans and sour kraut. I know it sounds like an odd combo but Mom cooked and then my sister had brought stuff to fix as well. It was along the lines of a potluck birthday party.

I am proud to say that I help cut the cake and serve the ice cream but I didn't have any for myself. Like I said before, it usually isn't the sweets that gets me. It's the salty. I did cave in and have 4 potato chips and a couple handfuls of pretzels. After I had them, I was disappointed in myself, but there was nothing I could do about it at that point.

I came home and walked a mile on the treadmill even though I had a busting headache and all I wanted to do was go to bed. I knew that if I didn't get on there and a least try to make it a mile, I'd end up giving up completely. It has to become a habit for me. Something that I find routine and enjoy.

For supper I had a salad with a single serving of shaved ham and light dressing with yogurt for dessert. I really need to work on having the dressing on the side of the salad. I am sure that would eliminate a lot of calories. I normally don't have ham on my salads. Usually it is tuna but I didn't have any on hand.

I've drank plenty of plain water today and haven't had a Diet Coke at all. Two days in a row. Woo hoo! So unlike the old me.

I still can't believe I have made it to week 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment