Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 46 Diet and Exercise

Now that AF is gone, the scale was nicer this morning. I hope to have an even better number by tomorrow.

Today has been a rollercoaster of emotion for me. My nephew, his wife, and two small children were in a horrible car wreck. It flipped several times. Thankfully, God was watching over them. They are all going to be ok, just really sore, bruised, and scrapped up.  My nephew got the worst of it and was having severe pain in his neck, back, and legs. We were very scared but the doctors are optimistic that it is just soft tissue injuries.

I have slept a lot today. I've just been so tired. I don't know if I am getting sick or if I really just needed the rest. This means tomorrow is going to be crazy trying to catch up on everything I didn't do today.

Food has been pretty good today. I did have one minor slip up. My son was eating his Valentine's Day candy from school and I saw a mini laffy taffy in the bag. Seriously, before I knew what I was doing, I had that sucker in my stomach. How does that happen? After I was like, oh crap. I totally just ate candy. Ugh. Otherwise I really didn't make any bad choices today. I hope the scale reflects that in the morning.

I really didn't want to workout as I was so stressed over my nephew. I just wanted to eat a huge bag of chips. Instead I had a salad and I forced myself on the treadmill. I managed to walk a mile. I'll take it, given the situation. I had every opportunity to make excuses, but I didn't allow myself. I got on there and done it. Given it isn't as many miles as I normally do... but it was something. Right?

I think I finally see a bit of change in my body when I look in the mirror. I'm able to do everyday things easier than I was before. This makes me happy. I still have a very long way to go. But one day at a time. I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment