Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 45 Diet and Exercise

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I hope your day was amazing. Mine has been pretty good. Just busy, busy, busy as usual. Sometimes I pray for Summer to get here so I can sleep. Wishing my life away, I know. Just being honest though.

Anyway, back to Valentine's Day. I'm not your usual "girl". I don't like cut flowers that you have to pay for. During the Spring/Summer months I love it when DH stops by the road and cuts me roses or picks me some sort of flower to stick in a blue mason jar on the cabinet. But when it comes to Valentine's Day, quite frankly it ticks me off to think that someone would seriously spend $8 for a single rose that is going to die in a few days. To me that is a thoughtless gift and it seems to be the norm or expected on Valentine's Day. It is the little things people. If he felt he had to buy  me something, I'd like a potted plant I'd be happier with a potted plant that blooms year after year.

I don't like jewelry and I am not much on chocolates either. Now if DH brought me home a bag of Buffalo Doritos and a large Diet Coke I'd be in hog heaven. But for now, I've sworn off potato chips. I did have a Diet Coke tonight after we worked out at the rec center.

So what did I ask for as a gift for Valentine's Day? Nada. Nothing. My DH shows me he loves me every single day of his life. It is Valentine's Day all year round for us. But, I did wake up to something really sweet this morning. Michael Kept himself in line and didn't go out and buy me flowers. He found a sweet saying online this morning before work and left the page open so he knew I would find it when I got up. Does he know me or what? It said...

On this Valentines I admit that...
It's the sight of you that makes me nervous
It's your voice that makes me shiver
It's your presence that tingles my bones
It's your eyes that kill me
It's you for which my heart goes restless
Dear, On this Valentine's Day, I admit... 
I LOVE YOU! 

Now, if you ask me, that is 1000x better than flowers.  He's a keeper. That's for sure!

My calories have been within range today. I could have made better choices, but that is usually the way it goes. I have drank all the water I needed to, but not a drip more. Like I said before I had a Diet Coke, too. 

Michael didn't get off from work until 7pm and I really didn't feel up to working out, but I knew I had to make myself. I'd feel better about it once I got moving. I did a mile on the treadmill and a little over 5.5 miles total on the recumbent bike and spin bike. I tried that insane ARC trainer again. I just can't do it. I made it about two minutes before I thought I was going to die. At least I tried, right? No strength training today. My arms a smidge sore today. I didn't want to over do it. I like the use of my arms. 

 I had a slightly better number on the scale this morning. I hope tomorrow is even better as AF should be completely gone. I need to get this train moving in the right direction again. I need to really reevaluate my food. I need to go back to eating like I did in January. I've been too lax this month thus far. Tomorrow is 1/2 way through the month, so if I am going to get on track, I better do it now. 

I guess I better hit the hay. I have another long day ahead of me tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment