Monday, January 23, 2012

Day Twenty-Three Diet and Exercise

Today has been a very long day. I had to get up earlier than normal this morning to drive D to school. Michael usually takes him. It was absolutely pouring the rain for most of the morning and that made Bai's homeschool lessons harder than they normally are as we were both sleepy from the rain hitting the metal roof. The afternoon was beautiful with warm weather and tons of sunshine. It doesn't seem like January at all.

My mood went down hill this afternoon when I spoke with Mom on the phone. She is sick again and the last time this happened I gained back 70+ lbs. It breaks my heart that there is nothing I can do to help ease her pain and make her feel better. But I can not let this cause me to eat like a mad woman, even if I want to.

Food has been good. Calories are listed and in check. I made room for some chips and salsa today. I knew if I didn't it would be bad. But then Michael comes home with Peanut Butter Cups for the boys snack tomorrow and oh my goodness. It was so hard not to eat one of those, but I didn't. I did cave and have Diet Pepsi. Dagnabit!

I've managed to drink my water today but it was all peach-tea flavored. Only a few calories per serving, 5 I think. I should have tried to get in more plain water, but oh well.. I didn't have a peanut butter cup. Can't win them all.

I spoke on the phone with my friend Margo and that cheered me up. She is so sweet. She has a weight-loss blog too. It is in the links on the right of the page. Stop by and check it out.

I think it is time for me to hit the hay, I am once again exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment