Monday, May 21, 2012

READY FOR SUMMER Challenge Week 8 Check-In and Week 9 Goals

This week my goal for week 8 was just to do better in all the categories than I did last week. Needless to say, if you follow my blog, you already know this has been a horrible week. Actually probably the worst week I have had since I started this weight loss journey on January 1.

Weight :: My weight was 825.4 yesterday. A gain of 2.2 lbs! Yep, you read that right. A gain.
NSV :: I did make an effort to see how many times I could climb my front steps. I made 20 trips up and down. They are 5 high.
Exercise :: I've had a few days where I haven't attempted to do anything. I've had migraines and now some sort of cold. But, other days I did walk on the treadmill, go for a hike, and do P90X stretching with Michael.  Not a complete bust.
Nutrition :: Yikes. Now HERE is where the gain came from. I have ate everything under the sun this week. I mean anything and everything.

SW: 293.8
W1: 292.8 (-1)
W2: 292.0 (-0.8)
W3: 292.0 (-0)
W4: 289 (-3)
W5: 284.0 (-5)
W6: 282.9 (-1.1)
W7: 283.2 (+0.3)
W8: 285.4 (+2.2)
CW: 285.4 (-8.4) Total so far.

I knew when I stepped on the scales yesterday that the number would make me furious. I knew there would be a gain. How could there not be? I've ate like a horse and the food I have been eating hasn't been remotely good for me.

So, even though I am angry at myself and maybe even a little depressed, I don't hate myself. I am human. Things happen. People slip up. I am not perfect. There was only one perfect person. The kicker is that I can fix this. I just have to find the determination to do so.

In order to motivate myself to try harder, I got out the tape measure and did my measurements. I've lost 5 inches off of my body since the last time I measured myself, which was in Week 3 of this challenge. That is progress, right?

For week 9, here are my goals:
Weight :: Be less than 282.9 lbs.
NSV :: Climb the steps 30x.
Exercise :: Get some walking in every single day. Even if I feel horrible, even if I can only go 1/2 mile. Just do it.
Nutrition :: NO COOKIES!!! Count calories. Be accountable.

Good luck everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Good goals:) And good luck this week!!! I bet that number is going down!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all that you do, I have no doubt that you DO have the capability to tackle your weight. You have good goals for this week. Keep focused and tackle them. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am sorry last week was not a god one. It has taken some determination for me to get to where I am now. I still have 35 pounds to go. You can do this. You can.

    What has helped me is to have easy snacks all ready prepared to grab when I want to chew on something. Maybe that will work for you. Finish week nine strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Michelle said. I found it easier to stay on track if all my food was preplanned, prepped and ready to grab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are strong enough to come back from a bad week! Good luck this week! :D

    ReplyDelete