Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happiness and Sadness

Should I start with the good news or the bad news?

Ok, I'll go with the good news. My sister Opal is going to be crossmatched and possibly give my Mom a kidney very soon. Today is my Mom's 69th Birthday, what gift is better than that?





Now, for the bad news. The transplant center called me around 10:30 this AM. They said that I am their first choice out of us girls (Opal, Missy, and myself) to try to crossmatch. I have the best overall health. However, I am still about 20 lbs over the BMI cut off. The doctors won't even attempt to crossmatch me until I have a BMI under 40 because it is an elective surgery. So they are going to crossmatch Opal. I cried my eyes out. I don't care who Mom gets the kidney from, as long as she gets one. However, it is devastating to hear that you are the first choice but you are too fat.

10 comments:

  1. Happy thoughts and positive vibes for your entire family. You are such a sweet girl and deserve to be happy. You are amazing so don't be hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this, I can't even imagine how this feels. I am too, hoping nothing but the best for your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no words to describe it accurately. Devastation at its purest form.

      Delete
  3. I can only imagine how hard it is to hear that news ... but keep the bigger picture in mind. You know that you would do anything for your mom, and I'm sure your sisters know that too. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Don't let the bad news get you down - you're doing everything you can right now to lose weight. That's all that you can aim for at the moment. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always know exactly what to say. Thank you. ((hugs)) right back at you!

      Delete
  4. I cant even imagine how hard that news was. But like was mentioned above, you're doing everything you can to get where you need to be. Keep up the good work, and I'll keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll take all the prayers we can get.

      Delete
  5. oh man... that makes my heart hurt for you. It's another one of those motivators... never want to be too fat to save a loved one's life. You'll definitely be in a my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, it was a tough pill to swallow, but I can only do what I can do. I'm human and I am not a machine. I could starve to lose the weight, but that wouldn't do either or us any good, right? So I will do what I can, and if the time comes that Opal doesn't match, maybe Ill be thin enough then. At least I hope.

      Delete
  6. I can't imagine how much that hurt, I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete