Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 136

So finally I am actually getting a chance to write a post on time. How about them green apples?! My mood today has been pretty good most of the day. Summer vacation from school is great as I finally get some sleep. And boy did I need some sleep. The kids and I are starting to get our days and nights all out of whack so we need to work on that, but we still have time for doing things as we wish for now.

I got all the laundry finished up today. Seeing empty laundry baskets in the hall always raises my spirits. The rest of the house is a crap shoot though. I think they mess things up as fast as I clean them. I'm only one person though and we do live in this house, so oh well.

Michael and I finally got to plant my Mother's Day lilies. They are beautiful and hopefully I can get a pic of them to share tomorrow. I had bought two plants but only had one planter. I figured we could just put them both in the same one, but after reading the little sign that is stuck in the pot that was a no go. They get 24 inches tall, 24 inches wide and need to be at least 18 inches a part. We ended up using a 5 gallon bucket to plant the other one in for now. I'll get another planter next time I am at Wal-mart if I have the extra money to blow. Which is doubtful as Michael's truck needs yet another part. He finally had it running, but crisscrossed a couple hoses that go to the heater core or something, which caused it to over heat. As he was trying to change them back to the correct position, he broke some sensor that is on there. Yep, our luck. So now we have to buy a new one of those too.

Water intake was excellent today. I easily drank 8 glasses. I walked 3 miles on the treadmill and tracked all of my calories. I didn't go over, but I cut into my exercise calories. I hate when I do that. I want every minute of exercise to count. I want these last two weeks of May to count. On June 1st I would love to be down 50 lbs total. 46 is close, but it isn't 50, if that makes sense to anyone.

I think I am going to try going up and down our front steps just to see how many times I can. I'd like to have a step thing to use in the house, but since I don't, the stairs will have to work. The other day when we took the boys to the library we parked at the back of the building and walked up the stairs because all the parking spots were taken on the highway outside. There were 10 stairs per level. So, 30 stairs to the top. I made it to the top and remembered my library card was in the car, so I had to go back down and up again. When I made it to the top I was so out of breath. Honestly, I was huffing and puffing like I was giving birth. Even though I can walk 5 miles straight, I need more variety. I should be able to climb those stairs 10x without feeling like I am going to die.

Anyway.. that's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're getting back into the swing of things :)

    ReplyDelete