Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 130 and Day 131

Yesterday was Day 130 of this journey to health and happiness. The boys and I spent the whole day here at home and Michael opened at work. During the summer I love when he opens. This means we get to spend the whole evening together. Even if that means working around the house, we are together, and that makes me so happy.

Food was eh, not the best in the world. I didn't have any structured cardio, but I did do Tone Up Your Arms. My right foot felt like I was starting to get a blister on the bottom front. Then my left ankle was tender and I could barely bend my big toe on the left foot. I think that walking almost ten miles in two days was just too much at once. I believe I may be landing on my foot improperly. I had this happen in high school and needed physical therapy for a few months. I still remember most of the exercises to strengthen the muscles, so I'm going to start doing them before bed and see if it helps.

On a more positive note, I noticed that I am starting to get a muscle in both my forearm and bicep. I was ecstatic. I have very little upper body strength, but I really hope to change that. Someday, I'd like to be able to do real push ups and even a pull up when I have lost enough weight.

But seriously, I need to get my eating in check. No joke. I have to get this crap food out of this house and get a truck load of healthy food in here. I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow. I don't care if I have to walk!

I was suppose to go shopping today. Which happens to be day 131. But Michael's truck is messed up again. We changed the coil pack, plugs, plug wires, and rinsed out the radiator. Yeah, it starts, it runs, but now the idiotic thing is overheating. Michael thinks maybe he put one of the hoses to the heater core (I think is what he called it) back on wrong. So hopefully we can get that lined out tomorrow while he is off. I just pray it didn't destroy the truck when it overheated. That'd be our luck. Anyway, he had to drive our other car today and he worked 11-8 so my grocery trip didn't happen. Tomorrow.. one way or the other.

My feet were feeling better today so I hopped on the treadmill. I walked a mile and a half before the bottom of my foot started to feel sore again. I didn't want to push it any further than that. I don't need a blister. That'd ruin my walking for a week. I also did Tone Up Your Arms. Food wasn't ideal again today but it will be tomorrow. I'm going to try really hard to clean up my eating.

After working out, I took a quick shower and grabbed some lounge pants and my favorite ol' ratty tank. When I put them on, I noticed that they are starting to get pretty loose and that feels great. I had Bailey (my ten year old) snap a couple pics of me. I know the scales haven't moved since the last time I took pics, but I do feel thinner.

This is the same shirt in the before and during photos. 

What do you think? Honestly?


  1. You look thinner!!! I love how baggy that shirt is on you now! Rock on girlie!!!

  2. YES!!! That is the pic of progress! Look at it getting baggy and now it's less full of person, it looks longer as well. Beautiful!

    1. I noticed the length too. Strange isn't it? I guess when I was bigger it took up more of the length?

  3. Alana, you can definitely tell a difference. You're doing awesome. (Sorry it's taken me so long to catch up on your blog posts - you've been on my mind though! *hugs*)

    1. Oh that is ok. I'm totally behind on everyones blogs as well. How have you been?