Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 82

Today has been a roller coaster ride. I've been back and forth with the same 3 lbs for the last couple weeks. I was really starting to get frustrated. This morning I hopped on the scales and was back down the 3 plus 2 more. 35 lbs now! Woot!!!  That was the upside...

And for the down... My treadmill is down for the count until I can get a new motor belt. Boo. Michael and I had worked on it and the belt wasn't slipping as bad til I ran on it yesterday. I guess running on it and me this fat wasn't a grand idea. I was really hoping for 1000 miles in 2012. I'm kinda mad that I will be so behind.. but there is nothing I can do about that. We don't have the mulah to buy the belt and our gym membership has ran out. We don't have the money for that either. And if we did, we couldn't afford gas to drive 15 minutes each way to get there. Gas is almost $4 a gallon here right now.

My only option is to wait until Michael is home from work and go to the church and walk laps around the parking lot. Not really looking forward to that as I like to stay cool and temps here have been in the high 80s the last few days.

So tonight I had to get my exercise in one way or another. I dug out my trusty ol' friend from back in 2008 ... The Biggest Loser workout. I made it all the way through.. but not without stopping or modifying the exercises. I'll be sore tomorrow but it will be worth it. When I was at my smallest I could bust through that sucker like it was nothing. But it wasn't always that way. The very first time I did it, I couldn't walk or even attempt to sit down for a few days.

I was going to attempt Richard Simmons' Sweating to the Oldies 2...  but the boys wouldn't quit laughing at me. That's a no go unless I am home alone.

My question about doing exercise videos is how do I calculate my calories? Just go by a general low impact aerobics calculation? I'd really like a heart rate monitor... but no money shoots that too! 

Food really hasn't been too bad today. I still need to get in another glass of water. I'm crossing my fingers for a nice scale again in the morning!

I hope you all had a wonderful day. I'm heading to bed. Over & out!

Edited to add :: I forgot to mention I have now lost over 10% of my body weight AND I am now no longer Super Obese! 

4 comments:

  1. HI! Just coming to visit your blog...seen it on 3FC site. I'm going to be starting a Blogger journal as well because the blogs on the site are NOT doing it for me! Right now I'm using my "chicken blog" cuz I'm crazy about chickens so I have to write about it ;) But just wanted to say hi! Love your blog! Keep up the great work! BTW I'm Carrie101 on the site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie! Welcome to my little slice of the net. I am so glad to have you here.

      I use to blog on 3FC years ago but I eventually moved over here because it was so much hassle for someone to reply over there. Now that I have deleted my blog there I cant figure out how to even read blogs on there without making another blog account. Frustrating.

      I am definitely going to check out your chick blog. I LOVE chickens and I blog about mine too! http://bullrockbarnandhome.blogspot.com/

      Hope you have a great nite!!!

      Delete
  2. New follower here! I need to start back on my 30 Day Shred but it has been nice so I have been walking outdoors this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Kristi! It is great to have you here! The weather here has been from 85 degrees to raining so not ideal walking temps/conditions. I love when it is just right for walking. Enjoy while you can!

      Delete