Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 66

Today has been a better day when it comes to my Mom being sick. She felt quite a bit better today and wasn't smothering as bad. I am so thankful for that. It makes my day easier when I'm not so stressed out about her.

But today wasn't a day without stress. The kids were on day two of behaving badly. I finally had to end up separating them. I had to banish Bai to his room and D to his. This really isn't much of a punishment, as they have everything entertaining that they could possible need in their rooms. But, at least they weren't bickering with each other.

When we made it home from picking D up, one of our 4 month old chocolate lab pups eye was hurt. I nearly had a stroke. It was swelled and had gunk draining out of it. It was fine this morning. We had to take him to the clinic. No clue what happened, but he had injured it some way. They gave him some shots and cream to put in his eye. He will have to have shots for the next 3 days. Thankfully tonight the swelling had gone down some. Maybe he hurt it rough-housing with his brother, Duke. Who knows. I just know he scared me to death.

After I helped Dalton with his spelling words and both the boys had showers, I hopped on the treadmill and walked two miles.

Food has been pretty good today. I kept it within my limits. I drank my water but every glass was flavored. No plain water. Ugh. Why is it so hard to drink it plain? Not that it will kill me to flavor it, but even at 2.5 calories a glass, it adds up. I also had a Diet Coke. Lord knows I really could have went for some chips.. but I didn't cave in and I am very proud of myself for that.

Oh.. I almost forgot.. today the scale was really nice. I hit one of my weight goals. I'm down 30 lbs! I am so stoked about that. I hope I can keep it up. One day at a time, one lb at a time.


I snapped this photo at the gym on Saturday. I think I look thinner. Nothing too obvious though. That will come in time, I guess. Hopefully my body is healthier. That is the most important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment