Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day Twenty-Five Diet and Exercise

Yesterday was crazy. I was on the go, go, go all day long. I had a healthy breakfast- two scrambled eggs with salsa. I helped my son with his homeschool work and they called to tell me that my mom had been admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. I had to pick my youngest up from school, then the oldest had speech therapy. After that we normally go grocery shopping but we had to stop by the hospital and check on Mom first. Thankfully she was feeling better as they had her on oxygen.

After we left the hospital I took the boys to McD's for supper. They had nuggets and fries. I wanted to eat there so bad, but I knew I would be destroying what I had worked so hard for. So I had a few sips of a Diet Coke and passed on the take-out. I am very proud that I have not ate out at all so far this month. Twenty-five days of eating healthier. Yay me!

I had to take the boys to Walmart and Food City. My youngest was so whiny. He kept complaining that he was tired and had a headache. After we left the store as I was snapping him into his car seat, I leaned in and kissed his head. He had a slight fever.

I planned to come home, put away the groceries, and get on the treadmill. But D wasn't feeling well. I gave him some meds and made him shower so that he could get his pj's on and lay down. That way if he fell asleep I wouldn't have to wake him up to shower. Thankfully the meds helped and he felt some better.

By this point I was STARVING. I could have ate cardboard. I know I shouldn't go that long without eating, but I did. I really wasn't patient enough to cook anything. So I had Chef Boyardee Lasagna and a ham sandwhich as I still had a lot of calories left for the day and hadn't been on the treadmill yet. 

I did eventually get on the treadmill. I didn't feel up to it as I had so much on my mind, but I plan to keep my promise to myself. I will get on that treadmill every day in January even if I can only walk a short distance. I figured I'd get a mile in and then call it a day. But once I was on there it seemed like in a flash a mile was up. I didn't feel too tired so I decided I'd walk two. When I got to two I wasn't absolutely exhausted but I was sleepy and I needed to call Mom. So I called it a day.

Before bed I felt very hungry so I caved in and ate some oatmeal. I purchaed the Quaker Oatmeal with Raisins, Dates, and Walnuts. I had tried earlier in the week to eat some off brand junk and I had to gag it down. So, I wasn't optimistic about this kind. However it was really really good! It has more carbs and sugar than I would like, but I can actually eat it and it is healthier than sitting down with a bowl of ice cream, right?

My goal for today is to get in 3 miles on the treadmill as the scales have showed the same number for 3 days straight! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment