Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day SIX Diet and Exercise

Today has been crazy to say the least. I woke up feeling horrible. I think I am getting a sinus infection. I felt so weak and droopy that I slept til 10 am. After that it was rush rush rush to get my oldest sons' lessons in, as we home school him. We had to be at the bank to cancel a checking account before it closed at 3 pm, because Michael was off today and I assumed he had to be with me.  We had switched to the free checking and I assumed we had to go in and sign papers to cancel it, but once we go there they were like OK it is done in maybe 2 seconds. I was aggravated that I rushed all day over that. I could have done that anytime. He didn't even have to go with me. Needless to say we had to work on lessons again when we got home from picking our youngest up from school.

Michael and I forgot to put the salad dressing up last night so I had to toss it today and I had no idea what I was going to eat for lunch. Michael suggested tuna salad with low fat mayo and tomatoes. I've been trying to avoid a lot of bread, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Evidently it was what I needed because I was able to get on the treadmill and walk for TWO whole miles varying speeds of 2.7-3. I don't know the exact amount of time I was on there because my boys had a friend over this afternoon and it was a mad house here.

By tonight I had a massive headache. So I am really thinking this is something to do with my sinuses. The weather here was below 20 earlier in the week and now it is much warmer. I mainly laid around on the couch watching Netflix. That is so not like me. I am usually doing 2 or 3 things at the same time.

Food has been pretty good except for the bread, water has been good, and I've done ok with the Diet Coke. It is day 6 and I have not cheated with ANY junk and I have exercised every single day. I am so proud of myself.

I can do this. I saw this little saying on Pinterest and it is so true.

"I am not training for a 5K. I am not preparing for a competition. I am not trying to set a record. I am not trying to impress you. I am saving my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment